Erotic Romance Author

Until I get everything fixed with my website, mainly finding someone smarter than me to handle it...lol, this is where all the information can be found. Check back often for reviews and posts and new releases. Below on the right is a list of books and their reading order. Looking forward to sharing with everyone...:)

Friday, January 29, 2016

Excerpt Her Pirate Master



“Morning, Doc.”
Jack’s whole body tingled at the sound of Haydrien’s deep, booming voice. She stiffened but kept her gaze on the mountains.
“Morning, Haydrien,” the doctor replied. “You’ll be happy to know she’s in perfect health.”
“Excellent. Birth control?”
Jack bristled and frowned. 

“Already implanted.”
“Perfect. Where is she?” he asked. “On the terrace.”

Haydrien’s footsteps echoed on the stone tiles as he walked outside to join her. Jack kept her gaze straight ahead, determined not to look at him.
“I wasn’t able to get my clothes off the ship,” she said, still not looking at him.
“You won’t need them here,” he replied as he sat in the other seat.
“So you’re going to keep me naked the whole time?” she asked sarcastically. Turning slightly in her seat, she faced him.
“That would certainly make it easier for me to have you anytime I wanted, now wouldn’t it?” he replied.
Jack tried to determine if he was serious or not. Unfortunately he had too good a poker face. “Are you trying to scare me?”
He snorted. “I think it’s obvious that would be a waste of time.”
“You have my clean bill of health. Do I get yours?”
“If I’m going through all the trouble to make sure you’re clean, then most likely I am as well, don’t you think?”
She scowled and turned her attention back to the view. “What do you want with Marcone?”
“Worried about him?” he countered.
“Of course.”
“I want him to pay for the destruction of my ship and the death of the hands on board.”
Jack closed her eyes briefly at the sadness that gripped her chest. “That was your ship?” She swallowed the lump of sadness that threatened to choke her. “It was an accident.”
“And you know this how?” he asked. “Because he told you?”
“I was there. Those ships were old, but we didn’t realize how old until we fired. The shot was only supposed to be a warning. The hull couldn’t withstand it, and the ship blew.”
Her voice cracked, and she quickly swallowed the tears that threatened to spill over. The destruction of that ship had haunted her ever since. She’d never meant for that to happen.
Maybe she deserved this.
“Tears for your captain?” Haydrien taunted.
Jack sniffed and stood to walk back into the bedroom. “Screw you,” she snarled.

Haydrien caught her wrist as she walked past. She winced at the small bite of pain that traveled up her arm when he pressed against the bruises that had formed from his rough grip just eighteen hours before. With so many boys in her family who liked to roughhouse, she was used to bruises.
He lifted it and studied the light purple marks. In a move that surprised her, he gently rubbed his thumb across them, and a warm tingle began to travel upward. She watched in stunned shock as he brought her wrist to his mouth and kissed it. The feel of his full, warm lips against her cold skin sent a shiver of awareness up her spine. She quickly jerked her hand free.
He met her gaze, and Jack hardened her resolve. He may be handsome. He may be sexy. He may even, at times, show a gentle side, but she refused to let her heart soften toward him. He was her captor. Nothing more.
“I believe you have a punishment coming,” he murmured. Jack tensed and took a small step back.
“Strip,” he commanded.
Her eyes widened. “What?”

“I said strip.” He smiled. “Or would you prefer I do it for you?”
“Neither.”
“That’s not an option.”
He reached for her hand, and Jack jerked away. His eyes narrowed dangerously, and it was all she could do to keep from shaking. 

No comments: