Erotic Romance Author

Until I get everything fixed with my website, mainly finding someone smarter than me to handle it...lol, this is where all the information can be found. Check back often for reviews and posts and new releases. Below on the right is a list of books and their reading order. Looking forward to sharing with everyone...:)

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Extreme Couponing...sortof

Have you ever seen that show? They go through sales papers and coupons and get $800 worth of groceries for $50.

I'm not so sure that show's real.

I've done coupons for years. Not to that extent, but I go through coupons and clip the ones for things I actually use. Not once have I been able to get something for free, even when it's on sale.

For example. I went to the store this morning, a handful of coupons in my purse and my list.

Charmin toilet paper. $5.99. I had a .50 coupon that doubled to $1.00. Final price $4.99. Not free.

Cherios on sale for $1.49. I had a $1.00 coupon for two. $1.00 from $2.98 is $1.98. Okay, $1.98 for two boxes of Cherios isn't too bad, but it's still not free.

Glad trash bags $6.99. $1.00 coupon. Final price, $5.99. Still not free.

Maxwell House Coffee on sale for $5.99. .50 coupon that doubled to $1.00. Final price $4.99. Again, not free.

If you plan things right and use your coupons for what's on sale, you can save money. By the time I was done, between the Kroger sales and coupons, I saved $70 total. Do I believe you can get that many things for free? No.

I had an open mind. I tried watching the show. Not once did they show the whole list. That's what I want to see. I want to see what they bought, for how much, and what the coupon was. I bet money you couldn't eat for a weak off what they actually bought.

I would love to meet someone who has actually made it work so I could see how it's truly done. Because in all honesty, so far, I'm just not seeing it..:/

Trista





No comments: